[SciPy-user] Packaging Changes to Core in SVN

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 21:29:55 CST 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Hi folks and Merry Christmas,
>
> I hope this is the last of the major changes to the scipy core
> structure.  After playing around with various alternative homes for the
> fft, linear algebra, and random number routines, I think (with Robert's
> suggestiong) we've found a permanent home for them under
>
> scipy.corefft
> scipy.corelinalg
> scipy.corerandom

We don't have any "enhanced" scipy.random, so I think we can leave the
scipy_core version as scipy.random. I think that anything that might fit into
there in full scipy will either deserve its own subpackage (scipy.mcmc,
scipy.aesprng) or will fit comfortably into scipy.stats. We only moved it under
scipy.basic because it was an "orphan" module rather than a package. That's no
longer a problem.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com