[SciPy-user] Where is arrayobject.h supposed to be?

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Dec 29 10:44:26 CST 2005

Paul Ray wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've compiled scipy_core and scipy from the current (yesterday, Rev
>1502) svn versions.
>I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.3, with a fink-installed python2.4.
>
>I'd like to compile a C extension (ppgplot in particular) against the
>new scipy_core, and I'm wondering where arrayobject.h is supposed to
>get installed?

For scipy_core, in your setup.py, do this:

import scipy.base
scipy_include_dirs = [scipy.base.get_scipy_include()]

Now, you use pass this list to the include_dirs argument Extension()
command in distutils.

This way is easier when Python is installed as root but where you don't
have a root scipy install.