[SciPy-user] Bug in scipy.io.fread?

Paul Ray Paul.Ray at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Dec 29 17:16:50 CST 2005

On Dec 29, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Thanks for catching this.  It was a faulty DECREF of the data-type
> descriptor (new feature added in the past two weeks) which should have
> been XDECREF.   There were actually a few more fixes to data-type
> descriptors needed.  They are objects now and should be reference
> counted.  I checked in the changes.  The file was reading and writing
> fine, the problem happened right before returning when a NULL pointer
> was being DECREF'd.

Wonderful.  The problem is now fixed.

I'm very much looking forward to released versions of scipy_core and
scipy so that I can stop living on the bleeding edge with the svn
versions.  This will make it much easier to maintain consistent
versions of scipy on different machines used by different developers.

Thanks for all the hard work!  I think I'll go buy a copy of the book
now.

Cheers,

-- Paul

Dr. Paul S. Ray              E-mail: Paul.Ray at nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory    WWW   : http://xweb.nrl.navy.mil/
personnel/paulr/
Code 7655                    Phone : (202) 404-1619
Washington, DC 20375         AIM   : NRLPSR