[SciPy-user] newbie...info doesn't work...

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at cutter.rexx.com
Fri Dec 30 11:24:35 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 02:19:47AM +0100, Devalière Eve-Marie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I feel kind of stupid but I have just installed
> python and stuff for scipy and just my 'info' function
> doesn't work...other functions seems to work but
> seeing how week is the scipy doc on the web I am
> worrying...
> Would anyone have an idea on what's happening?
> Also, is there any working search among scipy
> threads...the search mailing list doesn't give me any
> result even typing smth like 'matrix'... so I went
> into the archive of each month but that's not handy...

You are right.  It would be nice to be able to search at the scipy
mailing list site.  But, here is another solution -- Go to:

   http://gmane.org/

Click on "Lists" in the left-hand column.  Then search for
"scipy".  You will find a link to:

    http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.user

That page will enable you to search the scipy-user list.

And, you can browse through messages.  There are several reader
styles: frames/threaded and flat.  You may even decide that you
prefer to do your list reading there.

Hope this helps.

Dave

[snip]