[SciPy-user] Problem installing scipy on Gentoo amd64

David Noriega neruocomp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 16:30:32 CDT 2005

Oh yea that reminds me, I had to recomile ATLAS with
-fPIC to get it to link right. But then scipy would
tell you about that.  Why not try to load the scipy
modules one by one, starting with numeric first.

--- Bill Dandreta <wjdandreta at att.net> wrote:

> I think we need to find out what is causing the
> problem. It may not be a
> problem with scipy per se but maybe one or more of
> the dependecies are
> compiled with incompatible switches. It could also
> be a kernel problem,
> I get a segemtation fault with wvdial if any problem
> occurs (like using
> Ctl-c to terminate the program) on amd64 but not on
> x86_32.
>
> Bill

Don't fear that philosophy's an impious way
--superstition's more likely to lead folk astray.

~Lucretius, De rerum natura, Book One

http://mindbender.deviantart.com