[SciPy-user] Scipy and freeze.py

Zelakiewicz, Scott (Research) zelakiew at crd.ge.com
Wed Jul 20 09:11:14 CDT 2005

I am trying to use freeze.py to make a binary executable using scipy_3.2 on a Linux box using gcc3.2 and Python 2.4.  After I compile and try to run the binary I get the following error:

   from scipy.io import numpyio
  File "/home/zelakiew/emperor/lib/python/scipy/__init__.py", line 11, in ?
   from scipy_base import *
  File "/home/zelakiew/emperor/lib/python/scipy_base/__init__.py", line 16, in ?
    import fastumath  # no need to use scipy_base.fastumath
ImportError: No module named fastumath

I have found lots of talk about py2exe but nothing about freeze.  Has anyone got this to work?

Thanks,
Scott.