[SciPy-user] 'crashing' python

Victor Reijs genietdev0 at iol.ie
Sat Jul 30 06:00:55 CDT 2005

Hello all of you,

I am trying to use scipy but I get some crashes. So here is the behavior:
. I have now python 2.2.2 and 2.3.5 on my system
. my system is a Dell Latitude D400, using WIndows XP, version 2002,
SP2. Intel Pentium M
. I installed SciPy-0.3.2.win32-py2.3-num23.5.exe and
Win32 SciPy-0.3.2.win32-py2.2-num22.0.exe
(I don't know what the P4SSE2 and PIII mean for my system, so U down
loaded the generic ones).
. When I do 'from scipy import *' in python 2.2.2
The application crashes and I get the "pythonw.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." window
(and it wants to send things to microsoft). After this the python window
is gone.
. When I do 'from scipy import *' in python 2.3.5
The application crashes and I get the "pythonw.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." window
(and it wants to send things to microsoft). In this case the python
window does not close but it restarts:
">>> from scipy import *
 >>>"

What do I do wrong?