[SciPy-user] Scipy and ipython and Aquaterm

Zhiwen Chong zhiwen.chong at elf.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 21 01:29:37 CDT 2005

On 19-Jun-05, at 5:33 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> That's utterly bizarre. It works just fine on my system. The port
> isn't broken, but something on your system is.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've been pulling my hair out all weekend.
But it seems I'm not alone.
http://tinyurl.com/d398j

Apparently my problems may have had to do with the fact that I
selected "upgrade" when I installed Tiger over my existing Panther
installation (although I do remember uninstalling all my development
tools before upgrading). People with virgin Tiger installations
reported having no problems compiling the ports.

Grr... this means I may have to uninstall and reinstall the dev tools
packages.

> You could try installing Darwinports' libtool.

Didn't work -- error in libtool prevented Darwinports' libtool from
building.

> You could also try changing the default gcc version to 3.3 using
> $ sudo gcc_select 3.3

First thing I tried.

Thanks for your suggestions though. I guess I just have to fiddle
with my installation a bit.

Zhiwen Chong
McMaster Advanced Control Consortium
Dept. of Chemical Engineering