[SciPy-user] Plot vectors at specified (x,y) locations?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 13 01:44:07 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good way to plot (preferably with xplt,
but anything will do) a handful of vectors, given the vector magnitude
(u, v) and position (x, y).

Now, xplt can plot a vector field defined over a quadrilateral mesh,
but I don't need to plot a whole field of vectors! Figuring out how to
take a list of arbitrary (x, y) locations and convert that list into a
quad mesh where the nodes of the mesh are on the original points is not
my idea of fun, so if there's any way to do this otherwise I would be
most interested.

The basic idea here is that I want to plot the track of an object in
(x, y) and then plot velocity or acceleration vectors at various points
along the track. This should be simple, right?

Any help is appreciated,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine