[SciPy-user] stopping criterion for integrate.odeint?

Pierre SCHNIZER p.schnizer at gsi.de
Thu Mar 24 08:19:54 CST 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Ryan Gutenkunst wrote:
>
>> We'd really love to be able to use SUNDIALS
>> (http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/sundials/).
>

> It's really just a matter of someone wanting it enough to put the effort
> in. And it's going to be a fairly large job to do it thoroughly.

Yes thats quite some work (considering what was necessary for the pygsl
solvers.) SWIG can help a lot to wrap such stuff, but there is no help
for the automatic generation of callbacks :-( At least I did not hear of
that).

>> In a more realistic vein, LSODAR
>> (http://www.netlib.org/odepack/opkd-sum) would be a nice addition. It
>> would add root-finding capabilities that would be useful to Hans and
>> myself. Since odeint already uses LSODA, I imagine wrapping LSODAR
>> wouldn't be that hard.

You can find a start for this wrapper in my f2py tutorial at
	http://www.itp.tu-graz.ac.at/~pierre/f2py_tutorial.tar.gz

Its quite a while ago I wrote it, and did not test it a lot, but I still
hope, that not too many bugs will wait for you. The heart is lsodar and
that beats reliable :-).

	Pierre