[SciPy-user] C/Fortran Integrate/minimization?

Greg Novak novak at ucolick.org
Tue Mar 29 23:04:35 CST 2005

Some time ago I inquired about the ability to integrate a system of
differential equations by specify a C function instead of a python
function to compute derivatives.  This speeds up the calculation
enormously.  There seemed to be interest in such a feature on the
mailing list.  I posted code to do this here:
http://www.ucolick.org/~novak/integrate.tgz.

Are there any plans to include such a feature in scipy?

The issue comes up for me again because I'd like to do the same thing
for function minimization.  I have to do many fits as part of a
computation and I suspect that the Python function call overhead is
dominating the run time.

Thanks,
Greg