[SciPy-user] fmin_tnc arguments

Christian Kristukat ckkart at hoc.net
Fri Nov 11 09:05:14 CST 2005

Hi,
fmin_tnc requires that both the input vector and the evaluated gradient are
python lists. I propose to change fmin_tnc to accept numeric arrays/ndarrays,
too. I'd be glad if someone more experienced in writing C extensions than me
could do that. If not I'll try it myself.
Btw, a general question concerning conversion between lists and arrays: the
memory consumption will double temporarily during the conversion and decrease
again when one of the objects is deleted, right? Is there way to do that 'inplace'?
Regards, Christian