[SciPy-user] Scipy, FC4 and g77

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Mon Nov 14 10:32:32 CST 2005

Rick Muller wrote:

>I'm increasingly frustrated by the difficulties in building Scipy on
>FC4. I've gotten a lot of very useful help from members of this list,
>but I still do not have a working version of the entire program.

I have Scipy working on FC4 but with some work.  To summarize the key
points: I don't use the ATLAS libraries which are part of Fedora Extras,
but build my own; they live in /usr/lib/atlas.  I use g77 to build Scipy
on some of my systems, and Absoft Fortran on others.  For the g77
systems, I do have one unsupported hack, which is to symbolically link
libg2c.a and libg2c.so from the gcc 3.2.3 library directory to the gcc
4.0.1 directory so that a link step which uses gcc4 can find them.

Stephen Walton