[SciPy-user] Building scipy core on windows

Travis Brady travis.brady at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:09:54 CST 2005

Wow.
That site.cfg file is critical.
I'd been running into all sorts of errors, it telling me that Python was
built with MSVC and that I didn't have it so it wouldn't work despite my
having specified --compiler=mingw32.

When it worked I had installed MSYS 1.0 with MingW in the msys\1.0\mingw
directory, downloaded ATLAS binaries from scipy.org <http://scipy.org> and a
site.cfg file created with just

[atlas]
library_dirs = C:\usr\src\ATLAS

in it
and then I just did: python setup.py config --compiler=mingw32 build
--compiler=mingw32 install

And that worked.

thanks, Travis, turned out to be much less painful than I'd expected.

Travis