[SciPy-user] python+maxima+latex for symbolic stuff

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:03:00 CST 2005

Sorry this took so long, but I now have a package for symbolic stuff
available.  It can be found at:
http://www.imdl.gatech.edu/ryan/python/

This is my first attempt at distutils and sharing my code in this way,
so some patience may be required.  I am admittedly a hack.

This package assumes that LaTeX and Maxima are already installed on
your system (and are somewhere on you path so that latex and maxima
are both valid commands at a system prompt.)

There is an example included and I think it should be fairly straight
forward and painless to try out.  I have tested it on Linux and
windows.

Let me know if anything is unclear or if you have any problems.  I
will try to stay on top of my email over the next few days in case
this turns out to be really buggy.

Let me know what you think,

Ryan