[SciPy-user] is scipy OK for my needs?

massimo sandal massimo.sandal at unibo.it
Mon Nov 28 10:25:37 CST 2005

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I think all of this can work.

Thank you for your answer. I was also thinking about non linear filters.
I saw there's something about them in the documentation, I'd like to
know how good and user friendly they are.

I also noticed (and tested) that scipy has basic .mat compatibility,
that would be great  for interoperability with my old data :).

> For the most part, plotting is best handled by matplotlib:
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
> I don't know if your specific needs about clicking on data points is
> possible out-of-the-box, but you could probably add this capability by
> creating your own wxPython graph panel.  Matplotlib has a very active
> mailing list, you should ask the graph related part of your question
> there.

Matplotlib seems good.
I'm struggling to find a debian package for it...

--
Massimo Sandal
University of Bologna

snail mail: