[SciPy-user] is scipy OK for my needs?

massimo sandal massimo.sandal at unibo.it
Mon Nov 28 11:04:44 CST 2005

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> The author of matplotlib is a ubuntu users, which is a debian
> derivative.  His name is John Hunter and he had mentioned the
> following in a previous scipy post:
> ===================================
> For the standard matplotlib package, add these lines to your
> /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
>  deb http://anakonda.altervista.org/debian packages/
>  deb-src http://anakonda.altervista.org/debian sources/

Thank you. Last time I checked it seemed these URLs where not reachable,
so I woed, but it was a synaptic problem (adding the sources by hand
worked perfectly).

> These are all professional debian packages and most of them are a
> little out of date.

If I don't lose too much, I'd prefer to stick with package management. I
  have experience in installing from source on Linux, but I don't like
to do it unless absolutely necessary because I feel the system becomes
quite a mess, afterwards.

--
Massimo Sandal
University of Bologna