[SciPy-user] object_arrtype addition error

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:34:49 CST 2005

On 11/28/05, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:
> Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:
>
> >Under scipy_core, I have a dictionary that contains what I thought
> >were floating point numbers, but are actually 'object_arrtype':
> >

> One question is why these are object array scalars (entries in an object
> array), instead of floating point numbers in the first place.  Perhaps
> there is something going on there.

Its just my PyMC code calculating the quantiles of the trace (the big
array of sampled values), and throwing those values into a dictionary:

    def quantiles(self, qlist=[2.5, 25, 50, 75, 97.5], start=0, end=None):
        """Returns a dictionary of requested quantiles"""

        # Make a copy of trace
        trace = self.get_trace(start, end)
        # For multivariate node

        if rank(trace)>1:
            # Transpose first, then sort, then transpose back
            trace = t(sort(t(trace)))
        else:
            # Sort univariate node
            trace = sort(trace)

        try:
            # Generate specified quantiles
            quants = [trace[int(len(trace)*q/100.0)] for q in qlist]

            return dict(zip(qlist, quants))

        except IndexError:
            print "Too few elements for quantile calculation"

--
Chris Fonnesbeck
Atlanta, GA