[SciPy-user] install location of the newcore header files

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:54:23 CDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>>Robert Kern wrote:
>>

>>>particular directory on the first import. I usually unpack the eggs so
>>>that I can use ipython's ?? magic which needs a real file on the filesystem.
>>
>>Though if eggs become popular, we could certainly (and probably will) extend
>>?? so that it reads also inside the egg.   There's nothing in principle that
>>makes this impossible, as far as I understand.
>

> It would involve reimplementing inspect.getsource(), I think.

getsource is 2 lines of code, and getsourcelines (called by getsource) another
2.  We just need to get the actual lines of source, which I suppose requires
reading inside the egg (it's a zip archive, right?) and pulling the contents
of the file out.

It sounds relatively straightforward to me, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Cheers,