[SciPy-user] install location of the newcore header files

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 11 16:11:28 CDT 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

> getsource is 2 lines of code, and getsourcelines (called by getsource) another
> 2.  We just need to get the actual lines of source, which I suppose requires
> reading inside the egg (it's a zip archive, right?) and pulling the contents
> of the file out.
>
> It sounds relatively straightforward to me, but perhaps I'm missing something.

No, I think you got everything.

It doesn't change much wrt the scipy_core egg, though. Besides the
header files, it's not "zip-safe" so easy_install will always unpack it
anyways. This isn't really a problem, though; there isn't much of a
downside to unpacked eggs over zipped eggs.

zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
scipy.base.setup: module references __file__
scipy.distutils.exec_command: module references __file__
scipy.distutils.misc_util: module references __file__
scipy.distutils.system_info: module references __file__
scipy.distutils.command.build_src: module references __file__
scipy.f2py.diagnose: module references __file__
scipy.f2py.f2py2e: module references __file__
scipy.f2py.setup: module references __file__
scipy.test.logging: module references __file__
scipy.test.logging: module MAY be using inspect.stack
scipy.test.testing: module references __file__
scipy.weave.blitz_spec: module references __file__
scipy.weave.blitz_tools: module references __file__
scipy.weave.bytecodecompiler: module MAY be using inspect.getsource
scipy.weave.bytecodecompiler: module MAY be using inspect.getcomments
scipy.weave.bytecodecompiler: module MAY be using inspect.stack
scipy.weave.c_spec: module references __file__
scipy.weave.catalog: module references __file__
scipy.weave.catalog: module references __path__
scipy.weave.inline_tools: module references __file__

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter