[SciPy-user] Weave under OSX 10.4

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:52:32 CDT 2005

J. Stark wrote:
> I haven't used weave for a while, and in particular not since I
> upgraded to OSX 10.4. Now I find that scripts which worked fine
> previously fail to compile - the error messages start with
>
> ... Numeric/arrayobject.h : No such file or directory
>
> A search of my hard disk fails to find arrayobject.h.
>
> Is this a know problem, or am I doing something stupid? I have set
> gcc to 3.3, rather than the default 4, and run the Tiger Python fix
> from http://undefined.org/python/

You installation of Numeric is broken (and BTW, yes, you should stick
with gcc 3.3). Are you using the system Python 2.3.5? If so, then I
suspect that when /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework got
upgraded, the Numeric headers that were installed there went *poof*, too.

Reinstall Numeric, and the headers should be installed again.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter