[SciPy-user] special functions in scipy 0.4

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 13 09:31:06 CDT 2005

Jon Peirce wrote:
> Travis (or others?)
>
> will the *special* subpackage (special.erf etc...) be appearing in scipy
> 0.4x? Is it there already somewhere hidden? Or maybe I need to fetch it
> separately from scipy0.3?
>
> More generally is there a sensible way for users to combine Scipy Core
> with previous Scipy (install the old one first then install new one over
> top?)

Don't worry, there will be scipy.special. We're still in the process of
porting it. The porting is taking place in a branch on the SVN
repository. The process to install the full scipy would be to install
scipy_core and then install the full scipy, just as if they were
separate packages.

  svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/newscipy/

I'm currently getting segfaults when trying to initialize the _cephes
module, however.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu