[SciPy-user] mat file problem in linux

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:06:06 CDT 2005

I am pretty sure that it is the unmodified one that ipython installs.
Here is the contents:
# load our basic configuration with generic options
include ipythonrc

# import ...
# Load SciPy by itself so that 'help scipy' works
import_mod scipy

# from ... import ...
import_some

# Now we load all of SciPy
# from ... import *
import_all scipy IPython.numutils

# code
execute print 'Welcome to the SciPy Scientific Computing Environment.'
execute scipy.alter_numeric()

# File with alternate printer system for Numeric Arrays.
# Files in the 'Extensions' directory will be found by IPython automatically
# (otherwise give the explicit path):
execfile Extensions/numeric_formats.py

Is the multiple step import doing somethings smarter than just import scipy?

Ryan