[SciPy-user] gui_thread error

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:05:49 CDT 2005

Matplotlib also has a very active mailing list if you run into any
problems.  The first thinkg I was told from this list was to try
matplotlib and ipython.  I like them both a lot.  If you aren't
already using ipython check it out:
http://ipython.scipy.org/
It handles the things that gui_thread used to do and it has tab
completion and object inspection.  If you are on windows, there are a
couple other python packages to install, but it is fairly
straightforward.  It is availbable in package form from many Linux
repositories.

Don't hesitate to ask the list with anything you get stuck on.  Even
though there is a lot of upgrading going on, I am still doing
productive graduate work with the old versions.  I use it for
everything I used to do with Matlab and I like it much better.

Ryan