[SciPy-user] Matlab, Scipy and teaching science

Morgan Hough morgan.hough at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:45:39 CDT 2005

I must confess that the postgraduate Scientific Computing for DPhil
Students still use MATLAB but I thought the undergraduates still had a
choice. I did bring up python as an alternative for the Scientific
Computing course but to no avail. I know what you mean about those
python notes. There really needs to be an Enthought Python (or an easy
way to put it together) for all platforms. It would make it a lot
easier on Linux systems to get people to present it as a MATLAB
alternative. Right now I am doing a C++ workgroup in the Maths
Institute as it is the only group willing to discuss OO programming.
Not the best way to do it really.

Cheers,

-Morgan