[SciPy-user] Matlab, Scipy and teaching science

Cournapeau David cournape at atr.jp
Fri Oct 21 01:13:42 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 22:51 -0700, Robert Kern wrote:
> Cournapeau David wrote:
>
> > 	Now, the existing matlab codebase for domain such as signal processing
> > is huge, and without a way to interface matlab and python, I don't see
> > that changing soon, unfortunately. I am still using matlab in many
> > projects for that reason; I am using some ugly hacks to use python back
> > and forth inside matlab, but this is far from ideal.
>
> Have you seen these projects?
>
> http://pymat.sourceforge.net/
> http://mlabwrap.sourceforge.net/

I didn't know about the second one, thanks for the information. I didn't
like pymat that much, and it is not developed anymore anyway.

mlabwrap looks interesting; I wonder if it would be possible to include
it (or something similar) in scipy. I think I am not the only one who
would like to use python, while still relying on some matlab code.

cheers,

David