[SciPy-user] Matlab, Scipy and teaching science

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Fri Oct 21 07:06:06 CDT 2005

I was a Physics undergrad, and my two cents is that programming is just as
important as calculus for a 21st century Physics graduate.  When I was a
frsshman, we learned calculus as part of our introductory Physics course
despite taking a calculus course concurrently from the Math department
because we needed to use techniques that came later in the Math course.  I
think Programming should be given similar treatement.  It's useful for
teaching critical, logical thought in addition to producing nice tables and
graphs of results.

Regards,
Steve