[SciPy-user] cholesky decomposition fails

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:04:29 CST 2005

On 10/31/05, Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/05, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:
> > >
> > >/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy_base/function_base.py
> > >in asarray_chkfinite(x=array([[ 1.,  0.],
> > >

> > This is not the correct file layout for new scipy.  You should be
> > running from scipy/base/function_base.py
> >
> > What did you install and how.  I'm not sure why you are still picking up
> > the old scipy, unless you did not install the new scipy along with new
> > core.
>
> Hmm ... I was pretty sure I had eliminated all the old stuff, and was
> using my cvs build. Apparently not. I will try again and confirm.

I did find a bug in basic_lite, in the cholesky_decomposition
function, however.

--> 120     return Numeric.transpose(MLab.triu(a,k=0)).copy()
        global Numeric.transpose = <function transpose at 0x444830>
        global MLab.triu = undefined
        a = array([[ 1.,  0.],
        global k.copy = undefined
    121
    122

NameError: global name 'MLab' is not defined

Apparently, MLab is not imported by this module.

C.
--
Chris Fonnesbeck
Atlanta, GA