[SciPy-user] More installation troubles

Alexander Borghgraef alexander.borghgraef.rma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:31:46 CDT 2005

On 9/8/05, Pearu Peterson <pearu at scipy.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > Yep. Removing numarray solved that problem. Now I'm back to the include
> > problem described in my other post.
>
> Try
>
> python setup.py build_ext -I/homes/morlet/aborghgr/local/include/python2.3
> build

Then I get the following errors:

running build_ext
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 111, in ?
setup_package(ignore_packages)
File "setup.py", line 98, in setup_package
url = "http://www.scipy.org",
File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/core.py", line 73, in setup
return old_setup(**new_attr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/core.py", line 149, in setup
dist.run_commands()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 907, in run_commands
self.run_command(cmd)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/dist.py", line 927, in run_command
cmd_obj.run()
File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 47, in run
raise TypeError,'Extension "%s" sources contains unresolved'\
TypeError: Extension "scipy.xxx.spam" sources contains unresolved items
(call build_src before build_ext).

I also tried

python setup.py config --I/homes/morlet/aborghgr/local/include/python2.3

and then running build, but that didn't do the trick either. I find this
very weird: I set the PYTHONINCLUDE variable correctly,
tried the config options, and still it uses the wrong compile options.

--
Alex Borghgraef