[SciPy-user] 3d plotting question

Christian Kristukat ckkart at hoc.net
Thu Sep 29 08:35:01 CDT 2005

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> If that works, you are ready to play with mlab.py which is inside
> enthought/tvtk/tools/mlab.py.  You can run the file as it is, to see a
> spherical harmonic on screen.  See the source for some nice examples.
>
> If you have come this far, I hope you are rewarded by all the new
> tools you can play with. :)

Wow!!! That was easy. I'm very impressed. Only the ivtk example isn't working.
I'm using vtk python 4.2.6. The traceback follows:

Exception occurred in traits notification handler
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ck/testarea/trunk/src/lib/enthought/traits/trait_notifiers.py",
line 214, in rebind_call_1    getattr( self.object(), self.name )( new )
  File "/home/ck/testarea/trunk/src/lib/enthought/pyface/tvtk/scene.py", line
699, in _background_changed
    self.render()
  File "/home/ck/testarea/trunk/src/lib/enthought/pyface/tvtk/scene.py", line
205, in render
    self.control.Render()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/vtk_python/vtk/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py",
line 339, in Render
    self._Iren.GetRenderWindow().SetNextWindowInfo(str(self.GetHandle()))
AttributeError: SetNextWindowInfo
Aborted

Regards, Christian