[SciPy-user] Floating point exception in scipy

Robert Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Mon Apr 3 15:05:01 CDT 2006

I guess I shouldn't expect a flood of answers if I post late Friday
afternoon....

I figured out the problem -- you need to use the *latest* gfortran
from hpc.sf.net.  I had been using a version that was a few weeks
old..  Now it does not bomb when I test; I get two errors with
scipy.test(10,10), which is acceptable to me.

So, to summarize, scipy works on an Intel Mac using gcc 4.0.1 and
gfortran.

-Rob.

On Mar 31, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Rob Hetland wrote:

> Compiled on an Intel Mac os X using gcc 4.0.1 (the only one available
> on intel macs) and gfortran (from hpc.sf.net).  Python is MacPython
> Universal build 2.4.3.
>
> Numpy compiles without a hitch, and tests with no errors.
>
> SciPy also compiles without errors, but I get a floating point
> exception when trying to test scipy.  This includes doing scipy.test
> (10,10).  Below are the details of some attempts.  I'm really not
> sure where to begin, as it compiles fine.  Jordan Mantha has claimed
> success basically following the PPC build instructions with this
> compiler configuration, but I have not had any luck.  I have also
> tried to exclude modules that need umfpack, but that also failed in a
> similar way.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Rob

-----
Rob Hetland, Assistant Professor
Dept of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
p: 979-458-0096, f: 979-845-6331
e: hetland at tamu.edu, w: http://pong.tamu.edu