[SciPy-user] Any SPLUS to scipy ideas for lm and summary(lm)?

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 13 01:57:20 CDT 2006

glad to hear there is interest in this. sorry i haven't got around to
making my linear model/ formula stuff ready yet. hope to do it by early
next week

-- jonathan

dHering wrote:

>Hi Webb,
>
>As Jonathan mentioned the devs are currently in the process of
>over-hauling the stats package. You should probably take a look at
>what they're working on and make some comments/contributions if you
>wish.
>
>Go to the SciPy-dev mail list:
>
>Scipy-dev at scipy.net
>
>On 4/11/06, Webb Sprague <webb.sprague at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi All
>>
>>I can only offer my services as a tester for scipy-stats, but better
>>statistics in Scipy would be great.
>>
>>If we do go ahead with a new and improved stats package, I think a lot
>>of up front design work would be great (I can help some with that,
>>even if real statistical programming is beyond me).  R/SPLUS seems to
>>have grown partly by accretion and some of it is pretty ugly,
>>especially wrt naming conventions.  However, a lot of it is really
>>great and would serve as a good model.  I also think that a data.frame
>>type of data type would be great.  If we could concentrate on that and
>>a really good (general) linear model framework we would be making
>>great progress, I think.
>>
>>It is funny that if you grep the scipy/stats directory for "residual"
>>you get nothing :)...
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>On 4/10/06, Jonathan Taylor <jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu> wrote:
>>

>>>actually, i have some implementation of the model formula stuff in
>>>python, and some linear model stuff. i hope to contribute to scipy
>>>soon.... there was a brief discussion of this on scipy-dev over the past
>>>two weeks and it seems there is some interest in getting this stuff into
>>>scipy.
>>>
>>>-- jonathan

>>(SEC)

>>>--
>>>I'm part of the Team in Training: please support our efforts for the
>>>Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!
>>>
>>>http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbJTaylor
>>>
>>>GO TEAM !!!

I'm part of the Team in Training: please support our efforts for the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbJTaylor

GO TEAM !!!

Jonathan Taylor                           Tel:   650.723.9230
Dept. of Statistics                       Fax:   650.725.8977
Sequoia Hall, 137                         www-stat.stanford.edu/~jtaylo
390 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305