[SciPy-user] OSX Issue -- Symbol not found: _fprintf$LDBLStub

Tony Mannucci Tony.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 24 22:37:13 CDT 2006

I used to have a very similar problem until I used g77 with gcc 3.3
(sudo gcc_select 3.3) rather than gcc 4.0. Then the proper libraries
were searched and the symbol found. The library you are having
problems with appears to be written in C, so I don't if this applies.
Make sure you are using the correct gcc by typing gcc_select without
arguments. I think scipy needs f77 for some modules, so you must have
a fortran compiler somewhere? I downloaded the binary from Khanna's
HPC on OS X site, and followed the installation instructions
carefully.

Be sure to remove any old SciPy installations before retrying (e.g.
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy or $HOME/lib/python2.4/
site-packages/scipy).

-Tony

--
Tony Mannucci
Supervisor, Ionospheric and Atmospheric Remote Sensing Group
  California Institute of Technology,     Email > Tony.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
  4800 Oak Grove Drive,                   http://genesis.jpl.nasa.gov
  Pasadena, CA 91109