[SciPy-user] ImportError: cannot import name Int8

John Hassler hasslerjc at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 2 13:59:41 CDT 2006

I ran into the same problems.  I don't know whether one must use the
version 7 compiler for Windows or not - if so, I couldn't compile
Matplotlib anyway.  What I did was to get numarray:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1369&package_id=32367
and then edit:
.... site-packages\matplotlib\mpl-data\matplotlibrc
to select numarray instead of numpy.
Then it worked.