[SciPy-user] SciPy installation problems on SUSE linux

Sebastian Busch sebastian_busch at gmx.net
Thu Aug 10 06:25:41 CDT 2006

Dear list,

I do have problems installing SciPy on my computer. In short, when I
think I would be finished and run

"
import scipy
print "hallo"
"

it says:

"
Overwriting info=<function info at 0x406a2144> from scipy.misc (was
<function info at 0x404bdd14> from numpy.lib.utils)
hallo
"

My computer is a
> uname -a
> Linux e13-v1 2.6.13-15.11-smp #1 SMP Mon Jul 17 09:43:01 UTC 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Unfortunately, I did so much stuff that I cannot reconstruct what I did.
However, I tried to stick to
http://pong.tamu.edu/tiki/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=6&postId=97

Installing NumPy seemed to work, importing it in a script gives no
error. I then installed blas and lapack (and now even atlas) and after
that scipy via

python setup.py build
sudo python setup.py install

Perhaps someone had a similar problem and can halp? I would highly
appreciate that.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian.