[SciPy-user] Still SciPy installation problems on SUSE linux

Sebastian Busch sebastian_busch at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 10:05:21 CDT 2006

Dear list,

I posted about this already some days ago -- thank you David and Eric
for your advice.

I tried to install SciPy the way Eric proposed. I didn't install pyfits,
IPython, and F2Py. After fighting a long time with LAPACK and atlas, I
decided to try lapack & blas provided by SUSE (which doesn't seem to
change much, as far as I can see).

Before installing again, I simply deleted the corresponding directories,
e.g. /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/

numpy.test works fine (matplotlib is also working), however scipy.test
gives an error about integers in arrays -- I attached the output. It
comes from

import scipy
scipy.test()

I hope you have again some ideas,