[SciPy-user] hough transform again

stephen emslie stephenemslie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:51:44 CDT 2006

I'm busy doing just that at the moment (in fact literally right now), and
I'll be happy to post any results here.

My understanding is that you'll need to search the output of the hough
transform for cells with a high count as those will be the most likely to
correspond to lines in the main image. The output is a matrix relating
combinations of rho and theta to the number of feature points that that line
passes through - so the combinations of rho and theta with that go through
the most feature points will be the strongest lines.

Or something like that - I'm also really new to this stuff so I'd be happy
to be corrected by someone that knows more.

The second to last part of this document is a good read on the hough
transform: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/BOOKS/VERNON/Chap006.pdf

Stephen