[SciPy-user] OT(?): Lab hardware interface

Gary Pajer gpajer at rider.edu
Tue Aug 22 10:21:07 CDT 2006

Soon I'm going to need to interface my experiment to my computer.

Can any one suggest any python tools that might exist?  I've been
googling for abour an hour, and haven't come up with anything.

  I can't afford LabView at the moment, and besides, I've never used it
so it doesn't have the advantage of familiarity.  I don't need a
graphical environment.  At first the equipment will be very simple:  a
couple of photodiodes, an A/D converter, perhaps a stepper motor controler.

Any hints are welcome.
If this strikes you as noise, please accept my apology.

Thanks,
gary