[SciPy-user] Intallation Tests Failed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 28 15:14:46 CDT 2006

   I just finished downloading and installing the latest NumPy and SciPy; the
installation tests failed:

Ran 1552 tests in 12.197s

FAILED (errors=196)

   I followed the instructions on the wiki installation page: first NumPy,
then BLAS (as a directory within /usr/local/scipy-0.5.0), then LAPACK (also
within that directory), then SciPy.

   When compiling LAPACK I reran it without the quotation marks for the
optimization option on the command line; hadn't seen options quoted before.
Could that make a difference? Also, when LAPACK finished compiling it did
not automatically return control to the command line; I had to kill the
process with ctrl-c.

   What do you suggest I do to get a working installation? I can send the
test results if that helps.

Thanks,

Rich