[SciPy-user] Intallation Tests Failed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 28 16:22:03 CDT 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> What is your platform?   What does numpy.test() do by itself?

   My apologies, Travis. After sending the message I realized that I should
have specified I'm running Slackware-10.2.

   I'm rebuilding numpy right now; the directory is /usr/local/numpy-1.0b4.

> What are the failing tests (most likely they are all related to a few points
> of failure so you probably don't have to provide all the failing tests.

   Let me rebuild everything (using OPT = "-O2" rather than OPT = -O2 for
lapack) and see if it's strickly a user error here.

   Some of the failed tests are:

ERROR: binary hit-or-miss transform (1-3)
ERROR: iterating a structure (1-3)
ERROR: label (1-13)
ERROR: maximum (1, 2)
ERROR: maximum filter (6-9)
ERROR: maximum position (1, 3)
ERROR: mean (1, 2)
ERROR: minimum (1, 2)
ERROR: minimum filter (6-9)

   and others in morphological, rank, median, standard deviation, sum,
variance, watershed_ift, white tophat, and check_rvs.

> Have you tried with a pre-built ATLAS?

   No. That was my next step.

   While running the numpy installation, 'python setup.py install >&
install.log & tail -f install log,' I guess it finished at the line:

copying build/src.linux-i686-2.4/numpy/core/ufunc_api.txt ->
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy

because the tail sat there for more than 10 minutes. I've attached the
gzipped log file. I don't see the syntax to test only numpy.

Thanks,

Rich