[SciPy-user] Intallation Tests Failed

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Aug 29 15:45:04 CDT 2006

Rich Shepard wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>Both of these errors indicate some problem with the installation.   Are you
>>sure you have the right SVN tree?  What is the output of
>>

>   Eureka!
>
>   I checked out the numpy svn trunk on my workstation and built/installed
>that. Now scipy generates warnings on the tests, but no errors.

Printed warnings are no big deal.  Only test failures and errors are
signficant.

Congradualations.  I suspect the big problem was the confusion over
which SciPy works with which NumPy?  We need to make that clear.
Hopefully by the first of next week, the two will be in sync and stay
that way for a long time (in that SciPy will work with all Numpy 1.0.X
releases.

That is the goal.

-Travis