[SciPy-user] Intallation Tests Failed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 29 15:50:34 CDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Printed warnings are no big deal. Only test failures and errors are
> signficant.

Travis,

   That was my assumption. Warnings can be cleaned up later without affecting
usability.

> Congradualations. I suspect the big problem was the confusion over which
> SciPy works with which NumPy? We need to make that clear. Hopefully by the
> first of next week, the two will be in sync and stay that way for a long
> time (in that SciPy will work with all Numpy 1.0.X releases.

   I'd like to suggest that the version numbers then be synchronized. It's
not obvious to folks like me that numpy-1.0b4 and scipy-0.5.0 might (or
might not) work together. If the numbers are identical it's a good bet us
novices will figure out how to make a matched pair.

   The next issue I need to test and, I hope, not need to resolve is the svn
trunk checkout of matplotlib to go with numpy and scipy. Whew!

   At least I have my pysqlite issues fixed up now. Progress on several
fronts today.

Rich