[SciPy-user] Scipy Superpack (was Re: pajer at iname.com has sent you a file.)

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 07:21:29 CST 2006

Robert,  I had this problem with the SciPy superpack,
too.  I had to install the fortran compiler using the
terminal command on the tarball:

sudo tar -xvf g77v3.4-bin.tar -C /

followed by my password.

I also found that since I used a non-Apple Python I
had to install iPython from the terminal, too.

I would like to emphasize that as a user I really like
the idea of these superpacks.  I love the stuff coming
out in python now and I am using it more and more, but
it is maddening to keep the dependencies straight --
which versions of the packages work together.  I fear
upgrading any package including python since it can
start a long spiral of seaching and testing to get
everything working together again.  Superpacks can go
a long way in providing a useful scientific package
all in one.  Just some tweaking and they're there.  I
hope they are maintained for the sake of us users.
Thanks to all who do that.

-- Lou Pecora
      My views are my own.