[SciPy-user] Building SciPy on OS X: Universal binary issues

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:33:20 CST 2006

Josh Marshall wrote:

> However, as a related question, if I have both g77 and gfortran
> installed, how do I select gfortran as the compiler? I have tried
> various combinations of lines similar to
>
> python setup.py config --fcompiler=gnu95 build
>
> but g77 is always selected for the build.

As far as I know, "config --fcompiler=gnu95" only sets the compiler for the
configuration steps (i.e. finding ATLAS and such). I don't think it sets the
FORTRAN compiler for any of the subsequent steps.

python setup.py config --fcompiler=gnu95 build_src build_clib --fcompiler=gnu95
build_ext --fcompiler=gnu95 build

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."