[SciPy-user] desactivating R

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 05:03:48 CST 2006

Joshua Petterson wrote:
> I don't understand why you say "an old version":
> |Test_Basemap|[11]>import scipy
> |Test_Basemap|[12]>scipy.__version__
>           Out [12]:'0.5.1'
> |Test_Basemap|[13]>import numpy
> |Test_Basemap|[14]>numpy.__version__
>           Out [14]:'1.0'
> |Test_Basemap|[15]>from scipy.stats import stats
> RHOME= /usr/lib/R
> RVERSION= 2.3.1
> RVER= 2031
> RUSER= /home/joshua
> Creating the R object 'r' ..  Done

Huh. Can you show us the scipy/stats/__init__.py file that you are executing?
Are you sure that it's not left over from an old install of scipy 0.3.x?
Because, rpy is simply not in the code anymore except mentioned in a docstring:

[Lib]$ glark -ri rpy *
stats/.svn/text-base/info.py.svn-base:
  216 -
  217 - For many more stat related functions install the software R and the
  218 : interface package rpy.
  219 + """
  220 +
stats/info.py:
  216 -
  217 - For many more stat related functions install the software R and the
  218 : interface package rpy.
  219 + """
  220 +
[Lib]$