[SciPy-user] mac os x python 2.4 superpak issues

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 13:47:20 CST 2006

On 12/30/06, belinda thom <bthom at cs.hmc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to determine the best way to install ipython in
> the scipy context for the mac. On the
>
>    http://www.scipy.org/Download

As I mentioned elsewhere, my personal preference under *nix systems is either

apt-get/yum/fink install foo

or tarball/svn checkout with a manual

python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME/usr/local/

But I don't personally use OSX, and from the amount of problems you
and others seem to be having there, I'm afraid little of what I can
say will be of any help.  For ipython however (since it has no
C/Fortran code), I think the above (with a .tgz download of 0.7.3)
should give you what you need (modify the --prefix flag to suit your
preferences).

Regards,