[SciPy-user] BLT for python.

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 3 18:06:47 CST 2006

On 04/02/2006, at 1:39 AM, Gary wrote:

> I have a few real-time (strip-chart-like) apps that use BLT. It works
> well in real time.   It's seems that BLT's not in development anymore,
> so I keep waiting for the day when the apps won't run anymore.  The
> "z"
> (latest) version of BLT is slightly broken under Linux,  but there
> is a
> workaround.

The BLT developer, George Howlett, has put a lot of work recently
into a version 3.0 of BLT which appears to have support for Aqua on
MacOS X.  There were quite a few commits to the cvs in November/
December.  See http://sf.net/projects/blt

Unfortunately as a Mac user myself, one of the Mac files is missing
from the cvs, but the code might build under Windows or Linux.  The
2.4z version will build on MacOS X with a few fixes which I have
posted on the Sourceforge site, but it is far from bug free.

George does not respond to email but maybe he reads it.  So if a few
more people show interest, he might get inspired.

Bill Northcott