[SciPy-user] Submitting images to the wiki

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Feb 5 15:33:41 CST 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Arnd Baecker wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Hugo Gamboa wrote:
>
> > What is the process of introducing images in the scipy wiki?
>
> On the left hand side: select under "Page"
> the point "More Actions", which gives a list containing "Attachment".

Sorry, it seems that this is not there for the scipy wiki
(I only tested it with my local personal wiki ...).
As a workaround one can append
  ?action=AttachFile
to the link in your browser for the page you would like to
add an attachment.
There must be a simpler way...

> In the text you can refer to an attached image by

> (In the plotting tutorial
>   inline:simple_plot.png
> I don't know if there is a relevant difference between these two)

According to http://www.scipy.org/HelpOnActions/AttachFile:

"""Instead of attachment:, you can also use inline:, which tries to
inline the attachment's content. For pictures (files ending in .gif,
.jpg, .jpeg, or .png) there is no difference. For Python sources
(i.e. attachments with a .py extension), they are shown as
syntax-highlighted source displays. For all other files, the behaviour
is the same as for simple attachment: links."""

Would it be good to use file attachments for any
python code (instead of putting it inline)?

Best, Arnd