[SciPy-user] Wrapping C libraries for Numeric integration

Bryan Cole bryan.cole at teraview.com
Tue Feb 7 05:07:15 CST 2006

Hi All,

What's the best approach for wrapping C libraries where the
inputs/outputs are C arrays (which I want to pass to/from Numeric
arrays)?

I'm a regular SWIG user, but I don't have any typemaps to handle
C-array-to-Numeric conversion and I can't see any distributed with SWIG.
What approach is used by SciPy? (I know scipy is mostly fortran routines
but surely you have a few C ones?).

Can anyone point me to existing typemaps for this purpose, to save me
writing my own.

thanks,
Bryan