[SciPy-user] PyDSTool

Robert Clewley rclewley at cam.cornell.edu
Tue Feb 7 23:53:25 CST 2006

Alan,

It's nice to hear an encouraging voice at this early stage, but it's
simply up to SciPy users to take a look at our package and tell us whether
they would want to see any of our ideas make it into SciPy (in whatever
eventual form) ... I'm all up for a closer association if they are.

All I can say is please check out the features on offer on the
ProjectOverview page of our wiki, try out the demos from our download,
and let us know if anything is of wider interest to the
scientific community. We already have the public discussion forum on
SourceForge, and people can email me or get a login for our wiki and
discuss their views there. If that results in contributions of code or
further development collaboration then so much the better.

Thanks,
Rob

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> Thanks for the extensive reply about PyDSTool.
>
> I guess my question now becomes:
> what arrangement is most likely to keep this
> interesting effort in front of people and
> possibly bring in new development efforts?
>
> My intuition is that a closer association (sandbox?)
> with SciPy would help.  But you'll know best.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan Isaac

Rob Clewley
Research Associate